20-plus years of demonstrated experience in the graphic design industry with proven leadership and expertise in all aspects of pre-press production technique and managing business operations, teams of artists, and outside vendors to produce measurable results in support of high tech marketing programs.
Production Management • Layout & Template Creation • Design • Project Management • Creative Problem Solving • Web and Print Advertising • Digital Asset Management • Corporate Identity • Key Account Management • Branding • Estimating • FileMaker Pro • Illustration • Adobe Creative Suite • Microsoft Office Suite
Production Director at LWI.COM, Santa Clara, CA (1997-present)
- Key account contact for a Fortune 500 client and team lead for a group of communication and design professionals working on multiple projects for several worldwide divisions.
- Oversee an annual budget of over $1.2M and all aspects of creative consulting, art direction, digital asset management, and budget administration.
- Streamlined internal production process to get content out quickly and reduce overall costs by 30 percent, strengthening a 25-year relationship with key client.
- Manage high-volume production on a wide variety of jobs including corporate identity packages, interactive publications, technical documents, at-a-glance and quick reference guides—all based on specific client brand standards.
- Significant experience in producing large-format artwork for trade show booths, signage, and digital displays.
- Template design and development for product launches and promotions, including brochures, e-mail messaging, and web banner ads.
- Business development and sales support including presentation design and web-based sales support tools.
Production Manager at PDI-Graphics, Sunnyvale, CA
- Produced compelling collateral pieces to drive message and increase revenue for clients including every aspect of the production workflow: estimating new jobs, producing or delegating the jobs to team members, and proofing to ensure quality work was delivered on time and within budget.
- Supervised production artists and outside vendors, including freelance designers and printers, ensuring we all maintained client specifications.
- Created trade show catalogs, brochures, print advertising, technical illustrations, proposals, and newsletters.
- Clients included many Silicon Valley technology companies, SEMI, NASA, and firms under contract with the United States government